Tuesday, April 5, 2011

DeWitt Veterinary Clinic has a new vet!

I am very excited to announce that I have a job!!!  I will be the newest addition to the DeWitt Veterinary Clinic family.  I will be working with the small animal side of the practice.  There are four additional veterinarians who do beef, dairy and small animal medicine.  After two interviews and two long days of anticipation, I got the phone call I had been waiting for!!
 
Backing up a bit –

I received an email from our school administration office with the job listed.  It sounded like what I was looking for so I emailed my CV and cover letter immediately.  After about a week, I was invited for a day-long working interview.  The interview was amazing.  I felt right at home and had a great time meeting the veterinarians and even pulling a calf!  After another week, I was asked to do one final phone interview.  The phone interview was on a Friday and I felt it went well.  (Although I beat myself up afterwards for not specifically mentioning a parvo SNAP test when testing for parvo virus!!!)  I expected to hear a “yes” or a “no” the following weekend.  Saturday was a great day – it was the day I got engaged!!!  It was a perfect distraction.  Sunday, on the other hand, was full of anticipation.  I hardly was able to eat supper.  The phone call came at 8:00 pm and I readily accepted the position.  I’m still shocked sometimes that I’m actually graduating and will be in the working world!  I’m a bit nervous, but very, very excited!

Here’s where I will be working:


Come visit me with your animals!!!!

Another bit of exciting news -- Nate and I set our date!  Our big day will be May 19th, 2012! Let the 
planning begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment